Pearls (and Chests of Treasure)

One day, many years ago, while digging in a field where I had paused to rest,
                                                                    I came across a treasure chest.
                                    while walking on a beach watching the eddies swirl,
                                                                  I came across a beautiful pearl.

I was so excited, and had an incredible desire to have that treasure at any price.
             So I bought the field from the owner - and the reward for me was nice.
                                                                      to have that pearl at any price.
                                      I hid it in the sand, and bought the beach that night.

I would have given everything I had to have what was held in that box.
              Yet One gave everything for me - for my sin, His life was lost.
                                       to treasure what many did not even notice.
                             But He gave Himself to be ... to me ... for ... this.

He is the Greatest Treasure, and once I saw Him, I had to have Him.
       Any loss for the sake of knowing Christ is never less than a win.
             For these great years now I've had the joy of knowing Him.

One day, while digging again in the field where I found the treasure long ago,
                                                      while walking along that same beach,
                                                   I found another wonderful treasure. 
     Though less than the greatest treasure (which I'd already found)
                                       A treasure nonetheless I had found.
                                  And one day, the treasure was lost
       though some blessings from that treasure remain.

One day, recently, I revisited the field (the beach)
     not to look for new treasure (for more pearls)
          but just to recall the joy I had when I found first (first found)
               the treasure which I never lost (who never lost me)

                                 And much to my surprise (and much to my delight)
                             A new treasure awaited me (like it was meant to be)
                      Placed there by the greatest treasure (for me to treasure)
Because this new treasure treasured the Treasure, too (like me, with me)
   Treasure the Treasure with me, my treasure (and a treasure we will be)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter