Moving (Again)

Well, it was back in November 2012 that I wrote a post entitled "Moving", and here I am again - moving, for the second time since I wrote that post [http://christanimated.blogspot.com/2012/11/moving-and-god-is-good.html].
I moved from Many, LA, to Chunky, MS (with my parents), then moved in January 2013 to my current address, also in Chunky.
Now ... I'm moving again ... less than 10 miles away, to Hickory, MS, to a home where we can hopefully stay quite a while. 
My younger son and I are packing and loading, and we've had the help of my brother-in-law, plus the wonderful landlady at the new place (along with her daughter and grand-daughter-in-law). 
Moving seems like old hat now, but it's still not any easier physically. It's tiring. 
But I'm not complaining! I'm so grateful God has brought us this far. 
My older son is moving in with us this coming weekend, and my two daughters will be visiting with us for a few weeks (Yay!). 

To revisit a note in my first "Moving" post, my divorce is still not final. Adding to the total number of days since then, plus the days until the divorce will be finalized (July 16, 2013), my wife and I will have been married 20 years and 6 days. 
For the first 18 years of our marriage, we exchanged traditional gifts every year. At times, we got really creative to fit the category. This past year (#19), we chose to forego gifting, since we had already separated. Gifts would have been aquamarine or bronze. Not sure what we'd have done.
This year (#20), the traditional gift is China. 
The whole country??
Maybe I should be thankful we're not gifting!

Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers - for health, provision for financial needs, all of our relationships, and thanksgiving for everything God is doing! Thanks!

Here are my two boys and my two girls, on moving day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter