Moving, and God is Good

Well, today is my last day in my current ("old") address.
Just my younger son and me here today. My girls have been at their grandparents' house for a few days now, and their mom and our oldest son went over there this morning.
I've been taking care of 'last-minute' things, boxing up more stuff, etc., and my son & I will go over there for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'll leave from there to move.
It's bittersweet.
I'll be moving to be with my family in Mississippi, so I'm actually happy about that.
I should have a job with little or no problem soon after my arrival there.
I won't have to lead a church for a while, at least, and can just go to church with family & friends.
But I won't be here.

I will be 330 miles from my two lovely daughters and my two strong sons.
I will be just steps away from my wonderful parents, and my darling sister and her family, and only about 60 miles from my older "little" brother and his family.

I will be a state away (two, really - from northwest LA to east central MS) from friends and familiarity here.
I will be close to old friends and old familiarity there.

I will be literally closing the door and driving away from the marriage my wife and I have shared now for 19 years, 4 months, and 12 days - that's 7,075 days, counting today. The divorce will be final about the beginning of summer break next year. Add to that total another 2 years and 7+ months for the amount of time we've spent "together". You could even add another 4 or 5 months for the date we actually met. [Thanks to ConvertUnits.com for the help in figuring that up!]

The relationship will continue, of course, but into even further unchartered territory.
Please pray for us. If you already have been, I thank you! Don't give up now.

Today is a difficult day. I can only imagine the days ahead will be difficult, as well.
That's why I'm so glad Jesus has saved me! His Spirit is in me, and He will lead me, guide me, give me wisdom, protection, provision ... even when I don't know for what to ask, or how to ask for it, or when it will truly be needed. God is so good!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter