Things I Really Enjoy

Songs I Really Enjoy

[1] Arms, by Christina Perri
[2] Distance, by Christina Perri
[3] 1,000 Years, by Christina Perri
[4] The Lonely, by Christina Perri
[5] Jar of Hearts, by Christina Perri

Perhaps it's because these are all songs about love and loss (and love again, in some cases), or struggling with feelings of falling in and out of love, but I have found myself listening to these songs over and over lately.
I also love Ms. Perri's beautiful voice.
And, I have admitted to some that I become kind of 'obsessive' when it comes to music I really enjoy. I will listen to the same CD over and over and over before going to something else. I can listen to the same song that I love multiple times in a row. 


Books I Really Enjoy

[1] Salem's Lot, by Stephen King
[2] Beowulf
[3] The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C. S. Lewis

These are three of the many books I have read several times. King's Salem's Lot scared the heck out of me as a teenager, and again a couple of times as I reread it - I've probably read it four times. I'm not sure why I enjoyed it so much, honestly, and am not sure I'd enjoy it again if I reread it today.
Beowulf has always intrigued me as an iconic hero-monster story. Elements of the story can be found in various other stories that have been passed down since, but this story is fascinating, and I love it.
LWW is by one of my favorite authors, C. S. Lewis, and is the best-known of his Narnia Chronicles. Though not the first in the order Lewis preferred they be read (The Magician's Nephew would hold that honor), it was the first written and published. Though not my favorite of the series - I really love them all - it is probably the one of these seven books I have read and reread many times. 


Movies I Really Enjoy

[1] Conspiracy Theory
[2] Braveheart
[3] Troy
[4] Joe Vs. the Volcano
[5] Stargate

Okay, these are only a few of the very long list of movies I have watched multiple times and would gladly watch again at just about any time. In fact, I have watched all but one of these I listed in the past month. 
Conspiracy Theory and Braveheart are favorites of mine because they both tell stories of unlikely heroes, with flaws, who love and lose love, and fight in their own ways for what they believe is right. Both, incidentally, star Mel Gibson.
Troy tells the story of one of my favorite myths (Homer's The Iliad), and is beautifully done. Eric Bana, Brad Pitt, and many other great stars are in this film, including several who were also in Braveheart [check IMDB.com for details, if you're curious].
JVV is a silly Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan love story that is nevertheless hilarious. Check it out.
Stargate is the movie that spawned more than one Sci-Fi TV series, and starred Kurt Russell and James Spader. Well done, and always enjoyable.

What books, movies, and music do YOU enjoy? Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

Homecoming