Shared from a Friend


A while back, a friend who had himself very recently been through a divorce, recommended that I sign up for Divorce Care Daily Emails [http://dailyemails.divorcecare.org/dailyemails/tellafriend/], so I did.
As I read through the ones that came, I thought some were less than helpful (most likely due to my attitude at that moment), but the majority hit me right between the eyes, and straight in my heart. 
As I write this, I'm on day 126. Two days ago, the short email was on "Profound Loss". Though I cannot reprint the short article here, you can look it up for yourself on the DivorceCare.org website [Day 124]. 
But I can share part of it:
"When you go through divorce, you experience a profound sense of loss, and that makes the loneliness deeper."
"What was so bad is that I knew what it felt like to be loved, to be cherished, to not be lonely, to have a full life. All of a sudden it seemed like my life was over. I was convinced that I would never be loved again, that I would die alone. I don't ever want to feel like that again."
"Joy is gone from our hearts; our dancing has turned to mourning" [Lam. 5:15]. 

If you or someone you know has gone through or is currently going through divorce, please read these articles, share them, and be blessed and encouraged.
There's more to the articles than what I've shared, but you can find that out for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

Homecoming