Not a Redneck

I'm not certain what that color is, but it's some kind of brown with a slight reddish tint. Interspersed throughout are dots of varied sizes and red or brown hues. Then, of course, there are blond, brown, gray and white hairs.
But this description of my forearms would not be accurate if applied to my upper arms. Much less color and much less hair reside there - a stark contrast. To say I have a farmer's tan would be insulting to farmers.
One day last week, I traveled back to Louisiana in my car that has no working air conditioner. So I rode with windows down, as usual. By the time I started my return three-hour drive, my shirt was soaked with sweat from the work I'd been doing outside on that very hot and humid day. My remedy? Iced sweet tea and a sleeveless shirt for the drive.
Now my left upper arm is red, and sore. The sun burned my lily white skin. I'm not a redneck. I'm a redarm. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter