Because I Write This for Myself

It's a shame to know that, even though I've sent the link for this blog to virtually everyone I know, pretty much no one reads it. I guess that frees me up to write almost anything I want, since no one will see it.
After I'm dead and gone, when someone runs across a poem or story I've written, or a drawing or something with my name attached, or sees that I served in such-and-such a position in such-and-such a ministry at some point in the distant past, they might become curious enough about who that guy was that they 'Google' me.
If they do so, and this blog still exists at that point (or an archived version thereof), then someone may actually read what I wrote here.
In that case, maybe I should be careful.

Here's a poem, written as I type this, for myself (my sole follower):

I write this poem just for me
Mine, the only eyes that may ever see
The beauty of the poetic lines
That flow from my fingertips and mind

I write this poem not for you
For you don't read it, don't say you do
You chanced upon this page and then
Quickly clicked away again
You were "feeling lucky", but Google tricked you
Took you to this page that bores you
Who is this guy that no one reads?
Is he even real? Does he even bleed?

I write this poem not for her
She does not care to read my words
She turns off my voice until she decides
To speak to me and hear my sighs
Nor do I write these lines for them
Who know not where or why I am
I must simply let them be
That's why I write this
Just for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

My favorite people