Another Move

How many times have I moved in my life?
I'm not sure about birth to about age 3, but I know that it involved at least a couple of moves. I've lived in the following places, though, I know.
Booneville, MS
Burnsville, MS
Corinth, MS
Chunky, MS
Hattiesburg, MS (2 locations)
Petal, MS (2 locations)
New Orleans, LA
Summit, MS
Many, LA (2 locations)
Chunky, MS (2 locations)
Decatur, MS
Hickory, MS
Boyce, LA
Brookhaven, MS

So. I've lived in at least 14 towns/cities. In four of those, I lived at least one month in one location before moving to another in the same town/city.
Our most recent move took place in Stage 1 this past weekend. Stage 2 is coming up tomorrow and the next day.
In Stage 1, my wife Donna, daughters Britain and Jessica, and son Tobie, with help from a friend named James, moved several items into storage in Alexandria, LA, before Donna and I packed up our car (which we got fixed just hours before leaving!) and headed to Mississippi. Jess stayed in Boyce, LA, to finish up last minute (last week) things, working around the RV park and getting our RV ready for us to vacate it.
Yes, I said RV. When we moved to Boyce, LA, it went like this:
* Donna accepted a job as innkeeper of a bed and breakfast in Natchitoches, LA, and moved to an RV in an RV park in Boyce (both owned by friends of mine) in the middle of June, 2015.
* Jess and I stayed at our house in Hickory, MS, finishing packing and cleaning, and finishing out my job at Lowe's in Meridian, MS, before joining Donna in the RV at the first of August.
* I started my job at Lowe's in Alexandria, LA, and we continued to live in an 8' x 30' RV for a planned max of 3 months.
* 11 months later, we were still in the RV when Donna was offered a much better job (she'd since moved to a local newspaper as a section editor) as Managing Editor of the daily newspaper in Brookhaven.
Donna has started that job now, and I'll start my new job at Lowe's in Ridgeland, MS.
We're temporarily living in a rather nice apartment in downtown Brookhaven, just a block away from Donna's office - an hour's drive from my job. But that's all good. The apartment is designed for two people, but Jess will be living with us as of Phase 2.
Phase 2 begins tomorrow: Donna and I will travel back to Louisiana, help get the rest of storage items packed away, then load up the car with the rest of the stuff that needs to come to Mississippi now. We'll borrow a truck/trailer later on to get the rest, once we're out of the apartment (which is fully furnished, and therefore the reason we don't need to move much more), but for now it's a car load more. And Jess, of course.
God has taught me so much over the last year. I have a strong feeling He tried to teach me more than I learned, however.
When we moved to Boyce, we owned 3 vehicles - 2 cars and an SUV. Then, at Christmas, I got my old Jeep back from my younger son, who'd gotten a newer (more reliable) vehicle for Christmas from his mom and stepdad. Then the SUV and one car blew oil pumps, and the other car's transmission went out. We were down to the Jeep, which had over 341,000 miles on the odometer when it finally died for good last week - blown head gasket. Thankfully, we got the transmission repaired on the car and got it out of the shop the morning of the day we moved to Mississippi.
God provided for it to be paid for, and we cannot be more grateful.
We found a great church in Louisiana - Kingsville Baptist Church, in Ball. Pastor Bart Walker is a godly, gifted preacher and teacher, and I am glad to call him pastor and friend. Several others at Kingsville have been big blessings to us, not the least of which are the men and women in our Sunday School class, led by Kevin Roberts.
The men in this class are also in my LIFE group (small group) that meets weekly for accountability and to study God's Word. I think I'll miss this group the most. I looked forward to our Wednesday evening meetings, and I hope and pray God leads me to a similar group of men where we are now.
I thank God for His leadership, and I look forward to whatever He's going to do in my life, and in the lives of my family members in this new season in our lives.
Thank you for your prayers, and keep sending them up for us. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

Homecoming