The Worst Way: A Country Song

You know when we got together
Love was more than we could measure
And the wind and tide were always on our side
But as the years stretched to forever
Our love changed just like the weather
And the only thing that settled was your mind

I know we've left behind
Every memory we could find
Of the two of us in our better days
And you tell me not to fret
Better days are just ahead
But I know that you love me in the worst way

It's the worst way
You could have loved me
It's the worst thing
You could have done
Now you've left me
Here a-cryin'
While you're out having all your fun
I guess you wanted a new beginning
I see it looks like you found you one
Since you loved me in the worst way
It looks like "us" is done.

(c) Brett Campbell, 08.03.2015


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter