#IHateHashtags — Random, disconnected (somewhat) thoughts

Random thoughts:

My sinus cavities in my face are full. How can that much stuff be inside my face?

When you want hot pizza (or anything else very specific), nothing else is as good.

Venison chili made by my wife is amazing. And her homemade cornbread? Yass!

I collect too much stuff.

Is it an addiction or problem when I read several books "at the same time"? I'm currently enjoying a spy novel, a historical account of privateering, The Chronicles of Narnia (yet again) and a book about C.S. Lewis and JRR Tolkien and the influence of World War I on their lives and writings. And that's just the ones I can think of at the moment.

I need to stop starting so many new writing projects and just finish several of the ones I've already begun.

I need to get paid for this kind of wisdom. I mean, people give their opinions on all kinds of stuff on YouTube and become millionaires. Millionaires!

Should I go back to school and get my doctorate? Why or why not? I'd love to teach history, I think, but what I really want to do is get paid to just study it and talk about it.

Scottish movies are so different from English movies. I mean, of course they are.

No need to buy my the name brand peanut butters. I'll get to where I prefer them and will have to spend $5 on a jar of PB instead of $2. Just give me the Walmart brand. And a spoon.

I stopped at a gas station about 1 a.m. today and was going to buy coffee. The 24 oz. paper cup of coffee was $1.99. Not bad. Or I could buy a plastic travel coffee cup with the store's name on it for $1.99 and fill it up with coffee at no additional charge. Sure, I need another plastic cup. So I grabbed one and then saw that there was no coffee. None. So I grumbled my way back to the car and popped open another Diet Dr. Pepper.

No matter how far "ahead" I get, I still feel behind.

If I'm not early, I'm late.

If I get something done and turn it in at the actual deadline, it's not late. I even get bonuses for not missing deadlines for a period of time. But I still feel like it's not done early enough if the deadline is 9:30 p.m. and I'm finished at 8:30 p.m. If everything goes haywire and we finish at 9:37 after thinking we won't make it until 10 p.m., I'm pretty stoked, however. I don't understand me.

I think
ADHD often leads to anxiety which leads to depression.
Anxiety leads to depression.
Depression leads to more depression.
I think it's very hard to be ADHD and not have the other terrible companions, as well.

I am ADHD. And I hate labels.

#IHateHashtags

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

Homecoming