Still the Same

How much of my life have I lived
Not caring that You care about me
How much of Your love have I spilled
Not living like You died for me
How much of the guilt do I carry
Wrapped up in the folds of my rage
Thinking You think me unworthy
I march back to my guilded cage

Open the door
Enslave me in freedom
Step out of my corpse
You call me to life
You wipe all my tears
I beg You to wash me
You calm all my fears
And say, No, only your feet

How much have I cost You, my Master
How much have I tried You, my Lord
After You became my Saviour
Was I really worth You dying for?
How many more times can I hurt You
Surely there will come an end
I bow down and beg Your forgiveness
You hold me and call me Your friend

Break open my chains
Enslave me in freedom
Step out of my corpse
You've given me life
You hear me cry loudly
I beg You to wash me
You listen in silence
And say, No, only your feet

Wash my head and my hands again, Lord
(Only your feet need washing)
My God, I feel like a leper
(Bring Me the basin and towel)
Lord, don't You know how I'm feeling?
Lord, don't You know what I've done?
(Have you forgotten you are My brother?)
(Don't you know you are His son?)
I know He has numbered my days
And I know that He knows my name
But I ask again has He forgotten what I've done ...
Then He turns and asks me the same.

- Brett. 03.18.17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post for My Daughter

Homecoming