Thankful for the Pain

I have had some interesting Thanksgiving Days in my life. I've been sick (cold/sinus/flu) on many of them.
Once, a car fell while I was working under it on T-Day. My left wrist has had problems ever since.
But last Thanksgiving,  2012, was the hardest day of my life, bar none. It was the day I waved goodbye in tears to my children as they left their grandparents' house to go home, just before I moved a state away. Their mother and I were divorcing, and I was trying to find a job.
Today, I'm sitting at the table with my daughters in my home. Their brothers are around here, too.
I've met someone who is very precious to me, and her daughter is a great addition to my four.
My family lives nearby, and God is meeting our needs.
I am blessed. I am thankful.
I am even thankful for the pain of last Thanksgiving, because it has taught me to be even more thankful today.
God bless, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter