Beggars, Better, Beast

Okay, I have submitted numerous poems to online poetry contests, and my modus operandi is almost always the same: I don't submit anything I've previously written, but instead write something right then, as quickly as I can, and submit it. 
So far, most of those have won publication, and one was chosen as to be in the best poem submitted for the year category.

Yesterday, I submitted a new one, and the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" popped into my head. So, this was the two-minute result. 
Following the poem is a "Personal Statement" about me, the poet.

Beggars, Better, Beast

Beggars can't be choosers is what I've been
told you so, that we can't decide what's
best if you leave that alone, dear John
Doe a deer a female

Random wordings are only random if
they were chosen totally at random and
not purposefully picked to please the
palette of colors that fill my
mindful of the trees and the roots by my
what big eyes you have!
all the better

Minotaur is a sexist word if men and
taurus are combined it is a minute
or is it pronounced minute?
and a mid-sized sedan once
twice, three times I have told you to
three, four are not just better than but
simply the beast



Personal Statement:

I am a poem, a painter, an author, an extroverted introvert, a collector of eclectic collections, an attention deficit depressed anxious peaceful person, who is sometimes confused but can always write something anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

A Post for My Daughter